Our History

Hamann Construction is a company owned by fourth generation general contractors. We have specialized in tilt-up Commercial/Industrial construction since 1972.

Around 1890, Charles H. Hamann founded Charles H. Hamann Construction in Geneseo, Illinois. His son, B.C. Hamann, began building in the San Diego area in the late 1930’s. In 1954, his son, R.D Hamann founded the present entity, which is no run by two of his sons, Jeffery C. Hamann and Gregg Hamann.

Hamann Construction has the energy and vision of the latest generation combined with the wisdom and stability of the previous three to deliver exceptional buildings.

During that time, we have built hundreds of new, large commercial, industrial, religious and educational structures ranging in size from 5,000 square feet to over 250,000 square feet and totaling in excess of 50,000,000 square feet.